Dance in front of a judge panel and our many guests in our dance competition, which will be held Sunday, August 30.
You will be able to up for the dance competition by filling in a sign-up template through Google Forms. The form will be made available shortly.
- You have to be in possession of an Abunai! 2020 ticket to sign up for this competition.
- Accepted dance acts are as follows:
- Cosplay with music from the same source
- Cosplay with music from a different source
- J-pop or K-pop acts in dance costume.
- Dance acts may consist of one or more people, up to 10 in total.
- Music must be of Japanese or Korean origin, including but not limited to J-pop, K-Pop, Anime soundtrack, movie soundtracks and traditional folk music.
- The music can be a remix of the original.
- Costumes can be handmade or bought.
- Dance acts may last a maximum of 3.5 minutes (210 seconds)
- There have to be at least five sign-ups for the Cosplay Dance Competition to take place, or it will be cancelled or moved to the cosplay act competition.
- Dances or music with inappropriate language or movement, nudity or excessive violence will be rejected without question.
- Anything that makes the stage dirty or slippery that cannot be cleaned up quickly is also forbidden. Dust, powder, and glitter are not allowed on stage. Paper or fabric scraps are a suggested alternative.
- Fireworks, smoke or any other methods that cause an open flame or explosion are not allowed.
- Providing us with as much material as possible will give us a better idea of your act and will help us out a lot during the approval process.
- You do not have to ask our permission beforehand if you want someone to take your pictures during the show.
At the Convention: Rehearsal Rules and Information
- Please be aware that if during the Abunai! weekend you find yourself unable compete , the ONLY way to notify us is by visiting the information desk. If you know you’re unable to compete before the convention weekend, please let us know by email before Friday August 21st!
- If you have a legitimate reason for missing the rehearsal or for being late to the rehearsal, you must let us know no later than a week after you receive the rehearsal schedule. If you fail to inform us of this on time you will be put on our blacklist, which will prevent you from entering the competition next year. If you experience a sudden emergency and are therefore late you will be excluded from the blacklist if proof can be provided.
- The rehearsal is not for you to practice your act, but for the technical crew to make sure the sounds and lights are working correctly and to practice technical cues.
- We do not accept new audio-visual material or requests during the rehearsal.
- Please bring your most recent files to the rehearsal.
At the Convention: Competition Information
- By participating in this competition you give us the right to record your dance act, which we will publish online. This material is used for promotional purposes with all rights reserved to us.
- If you want your dance act to be filmed by anyone else besides our camera crew, you can request this through e-mail up to a week before the convention.
- There will be a short break between the rehearsal and the actual competition.
- All group members must be present backstage 30 minutes before the show is scheduled to start. You are not allowed to leave. If there are delays, you are still required to be present.
- The order in which the acts will perform is decided by the staff and is not open to discussion.
- Judging results are final and are not open to discussion.
Dates & Deadlines
- You need to fill in the sign-up form before the 27th of June. By this date have to submit your sign-up template, script, and audio-visual materials.
- The entrants who made the selection round will be informed around the 15th of July.
- We do not accept changes to the music in the review round. After the selection round, the selected groups may send in an updated music until the 1st of August. We only allow minor updates, not a completely different song.
- Providing us with as much material as possible in the template will give us a better idea of your act. This will influence the approval process.
- We will inform you of the time of rehearsal around the 11th of August.
- If you cancel your act after the 7th of August without a legitimate reason, your submission to the Dance competition for the next year will be put on the waiting list.
- You can sign up through the Dance Competition 2020 sign-up form, which you can find below soon.
- You need to fill in both your real name and your character’s name in the “Character(s) (required)” field in the template below.
- There is a limited amount of places available. Therefore we advise you to send us your full information as soon as possible. This allows us to more quickly examine your dance act and determine which dance acts will make it through the selection round. We will also be quicker in informing you if you need to fix something in your sign-up template.
- After you sign up we will send you a link to your personal google drive drop folder. In this folder you will find the script template. You must completely fill in the template. Scripts that do not follow these rules will be rejected.
- You can change these files up to the deadline of last updated files.
- Only visitors with a valid Abunai! 2020 ticket may enter the competition.
- Audio is mandatory.
- For audio you may use one of the following file formats: MP3, AAC.
- Audio files should be of very good quality. The speakers will make it sound grainy otherwise. Compressed bitrate for MP3 should be at least 128 kb/s, fixed, or 192 kb/s VBR. Compressed bitrate for AAC should be at least 96 kbit/s
- Don’t use recordings of TV audio, unless you’re an expert who knows how to cancel out noise.
- You have until two weeks before the convention to notify us of issues. Notifying us of updates and fixes counts for this as well.
(These rules are subject to change)